The objective of the sustainability support is to help eligible organisations to build their organisational, governance and management capacity which will ultimately enable them to undertake effective advocacy activities and develop and implement strategies to become financially self-sufficient. Examples of type of initiatives that may be funded are:
- Activities related to the establishment of an effective governance structure including the management structure, management information systems etc.
- Development of business plans.
- Development of membership and fee-based services.
- Development of additional income streams through income generating activities.
- Develop communication skills and platforms
Applicants must note that the sustainability window will only be provided alongside funding for advocacy and dialogue window and will not be provided independently.